Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And so we begin .... again

     

 
This is my fourth and last blog.  I have no good excuse except to say that I have no idea how to manage one but I will learn, this I assure you.  I have not a clue how to categorize or add links yet, much less create my own blog title bar.  I guess you could say that I am a little "blog-illiterate".   So today I will just start this new blog with the idea to make it fun.  Instead of trying to get into all kinds of details right up front, like my current home renovations and how-to's, I will try something different.  For awhile I will just blog about random things like things I heard about during the day or things that annoy me or things that worry me or people that I love.  

The title of my blog is probably weird to you but I have always had a fondness for flamingos.  I think they are beautiful - I love their colors. Ever since I was a kid, I have always stood on one leg while washing dishes, cooking, putting on makeup and have even been know to stand on one foot while rolling a perm.  People have called me a stork or a crane but I prefer to think that flamingos are much prettier and they are the only birds I have ever seen in person that stand that way.  My eyes are drawn to them when I see pictures of them and I think that it is cool to have them in your garden.  I had some but their color faded, guess I need new ones this year. (Hint to someone around Mother's Day. )  Anyway, thus the name and I plan to do some research and post facts about them from time to time, just for the heck of it plus I like to learn new things.  As someone once told me "you can never have too much knowledge".   


So for now, something fun and different.  I am sure that it is not original but it might just be something new for them to have fun with.  I plan to do a “Word of the Week”.   I know, it sounds silly but I hope to get some fun comments and laughs.  I will pick a word that is out of the ordinary, a word that intrigues me or makes me giggle and you can make a sentence or just make a comment ..... write anything you want, just make me smile.  
My first word is:   DISCOMBOBULATEI love that word!

4 comments:

  1. as a witness to your stork-leg standing ability...it is definitely the perfect blog title for you. I too am trying to learn all of the in's and out's of blogging...thinking maybe we can go in together on a blogging for dummies book. if there isn't one...there should be!
    as for DISCOMBOBULATE - that is a funny word....probably a good word for explaining what html is to us!! crazy and mixed up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brain was "discombobulated" when I decided to live in SC year round. We should of just made it a vacation spot... and stayed in the house in Chester. :) It reminds me of one of my words... "scrumptdelicious" also, "intoximacated"... Your momma... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your words, too. I get discombobulated a lot but it seems to be getting better rather than worse. I think it is a woman thing associated with hormonal changes. I still say completely random silly things a lot but I used to lose things like my keys and my phone ALL the time, that is better now. I still forget things but not as discombobulated as I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this time. I hope you will enjoy the experience. Ginger

    ReplyDelete