Friday, February 17, 2012

Long weekend

So I have a long weekend, five days off --- lucky me.  I have a lot that I want to get done.  I am pretty much done with the den - hope to get Steph over to take some pictures this weekend.  Anita and I have been rearranging the living room, what a waste of space to have a living room and a den but my house was built in 1950 and they had big rooms like that back then.  No one ever sits in there but maybe once I add some TLC to the room, I can create a reading corner and actually use the room.  I am most anxious to get my kitchen done since I spend a lot of time in there but I have to wait for warmer weather.  I plan to take all of the cabinet doors off and outside they will go to be sanded and sanded and sanded some more.  They probably have 5 or 6 coats of oil paint on them plus I tried painting over them with latex paint when I moved here and the oil paint is bleeding through.  They not only look horrible but they are several different shades of white.  That will be a hue undertaking and I will need a lot of help.  I have 25 cabinet doors and 13 drawers.  I will definitely be hitting up my friends for some help with that in a couple of months.  I am using the blue-green Mason jars and birds in there, sounds odd together but it will look good when I am done.  I have lots of shelves to fill.  I am trying to find a farm table, I have been looking for several months but have not found what I want yet.  I have my favorite thrift store that I go to pretty much every weekend .... today they had once that would have been great but it was a funky color and had these ugly painted flowers on it so it would have entailed stripping and sanding to to make it work, plus it is more than I have put aside for a table.  Right now, my table and chairs is "retro" - I might have a picture of the kitchen as it is if you want to help me out with some ideas. 

The chairs are torn some but I might still be able to sell the set once I find another table.  I have 4 chairs already that Anita found ..... her neighbor had them outside at the road with his trash and she asked him if she could have them.  They are nice Windsor chairs that I plan to paint whatever color I use.  See the yellow on the shelves ... I do not like it at all.  I took the curtains down and have been collecting Mason jars so that is what I want to use on that shelf.  I need help with colors for the cabinets and wall space.

1 comment: