Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wow.....what a week.

Where did the time go?  I let almost a whole week go by without writing.  I am not so good at this and honestly I think I am doing this all wrong.  Nonetheless I was going to post more pictures of the den ... and though it is STILL not finished  : ( - it is almost done.

The fireplace ..... it is an old granite stone fireplace that was once used to burn wood I guess.  It is dingy and dirty looking and aside from using muratic acid I don't know how to clean it.  I have tried a brush and water but it still looks pretty bad to me .... but everyone else seems to like it.  Being married to a firefighter makes it a little difficult to do too much decorating over top because the gas logs get "too hot" and I understand but gee, I wish I could put something over the top there.  SO this is before .....


And here are a couple of after pictures.  I don't have the center done yet .... just a couple of sneak peeks.





The first one is not very clear.  But Anita and I just went on another scavenger hunt through my house looking for "stuff" to put on the shelf and when we didn't have enough, we went to our favorite thrift store.  I bought the little rocking horse which my daughter immediately called "creepy" but I thought it was adorable.  I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder as they say.  It really works, too .. .the music box works when you wind it up and it rocks.  Oh and the chandelier .... waiting on some pretty white candles.  And today I bought another one so now I have two more to use in my next decorating venture.  Hint, one of them will be white  and I am looking for crystals ..... very cute surprise for my dining room. 

I bought new curtains and slipcovers for my couch and loveseat.  I like the curtains but I hated the slipcovers.  So for now, we just threw an old one from my living room sofa on the couch and put a throw over the loveseat.  It is a bit vintage-shabby chic-coastal all in one.  What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I just realized how fuzzy these pictures were. I so need a nicer camera or either I need to get one that does not flash on every single picture!

    ReplyDelete